Post by StrathWriters on Feb 12, 2008 20:34:17 GMT
I outlined this on the front page of the website, but just to go over it again.
So that it's not one person making the decisions (although - for those doing power - it does feel sorta like I'm agenda setting here), we're going to vote on which theme we would like for the website. The more people that vote the better.
All you have to do is look at the skins used on each page of the website and then vote on here for which you think should go on the whole website, and which will in turn, govern the colours of this forum as well.
I agree with mike. A darker, or at least warmer background for the white notepad would be nicer on the eyes, and has the potential to be the best one.
- The home page has a good style but the colour of the notepad is the kind of light custard that I reckon ought to be banned from the internet... The grey background is very drab, there's no joy in that page whatsoever.
- The white and black of the second page is nice and simple, and white is the colour on which most text is displayed. I particullary like the torn edge going down the left. I voted for this one, partly to try and keep the other two current leaders out, and partly because if the background was darker, warmer, anything but grey, or the aforementioned dreaded custard, it would be a winner.
- The competition page style suits competitions in it's sparkling glory, but it definately wouldn't suit the rest of the site.
- The dark picture page. It looks cool. It looks badass even, but it's too much, and would probably suit a blog or personal page more than a small website
- Contact... It's nice, soothing on the eyes and almost tranqil. But it gets boring after a few seconds because it's so neutral. It feels drained of contrast and excitement (probably not the right adjective, but nevermind...). It doesn't have a writers feel like the first two pages have for sure, and it's in no way thrilling like the picture page. It's just nice. That's the most coloutful adjective it gets.
- Links: I very nearly voted for this, because even though I'm never an orange/peach type person, I really like the warm colours with the white, it makes it very readable and it it would have gotten my vote except it seemed like a wasted vote looking at the tally board, and like the Contact page before it, there was a lack of the whole writer feel which the first two pages have *down*
So, really, what I think would look good is the second page with the border of the last page
Also, I love the pipe and giant safty pin remarks! It shows how easily threats of violence can be funny
p.s. this is Tom
My new favorite Haiku: In quantum physics, Schrodinger's cat is alive or dead, I'm not sure.
I like the yellow notepad style of its present condition and have prepared a counter-argument against Starlong's line of discourse in an effort to further forward this custard-yellow claim to the entire website:
I would like to apologise for being so crap at this and assure everyone that I have read and listened to everything everyone has to say. I have also spent hours trying to figure out a way to make it darker, but google is retarded and doesn't like the idea of too much free will. So until they change their rules/ I find a way around them/ I finally learn how to build a decent website, I'm going to go with the Writerisms one. It did get the most votes. I've discussed this with Emma and we both agree that while it's not perfect, people won't actually be spending that much time on website except possibly to get here, and therefore as long as it looks vaguely good for new comers, then we'll be fine. I will change the skin for the forum so that is darker. Sorry again, guys.
It's like I have a loaded gun in my mouth and I like the taste of metal. - RDJ